The National Library of Estonia, Tallinn City Government, the Estonian Artists’ Association, and the Association of Estonian Printmakers call for entries to the competition exhibition for the Wiiralt Prize 2019 under the following terms and conditions:
- The competition for the Wiiralt Prize and the Estonian Contemporary Graphic Art Exhibition are open to all the artists residing in Estonia. They may submit to the competition up to three works in graphic art techniques that have been produced in the last three years and are ready for exhibiting.
- We ask the entrants to deliver their work(s) to the National Library of Estonia on 4 February 2019 between 10.00 and 18.00. To enter the competition, the artist must complete the registration form in advance.
- A panel of eight judges will preselect the entries for the exhibition and award the prizes. The panel will include the previous winners of Wiiralt Prize and the representatives of the following organisations: the National Library of Estonia, Tallinn City Government, the Estonian Artists’ Association, the Association of Estonian Printmakers, the Art Museum of Estonia, and an institution of higher education in visual arts. The organisers will retain the right to engage experts and the representatives of the founders of the Wiiralt Prize may take part in the work of the jury.
- The list of participants in the exhibition will be published on the home page of the National Library of Estonia not later than 28 February 2019.
- The prizewinners will be announced at the opening ceremony of the exhibition, held on 6 March 2019 in the Main Exhibition Hall of the National Library of Estonia.
- Tallinn City Government will fund the Wiiralt Prize that consists of the Grand Prize of 3,750 euros and the Incentive Prize of 1,250 euros.
- The winners will donate one print of their winning works to the art collection of the National Library of Estonia.
- The works submitted to the exhibition will be on display at the National Library of Estonia from 7 up to 30 March 2019.